11.27.2004

family update

So it's occured to me that it'll be alot easier to keep people up to date on my family though this blog b/c I don't often remember to fill everyone in. After awhile you can't remember who you told or didn't tell.

I spoke with my mom yesterday morning to get an update on my aunts.
  • My aunt Elisabeth (who is the youngest sister of my dad's) is doing better then expected. About a month before Aunt Rita (her older sister) passed away she was told that her breast cancer had spread to her lungs, liver and brain. She's doing treatment and now 2 months later none of the tumors have grown and one of them in her brain has shrunk. So that's really good news.
  • My mom's sister, Aunt Corrie was diagnosed with colon cancer about 3 weeks ago. She had surgery and is recovering well. She is now going through a series of consultations before her chemotherapy treatments begin.
  • My Aunt Edith, also my mom's sister, had a mild stroke last week. She finally went home Thursday morning. She has some slight paralysis and seems to be doing well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home