12.02.2005

the barn

Tonight I went to the Embassy leaders Christmas Party at the Barn. (It's a barn that has been renovated to be a meeting place.) It was beautiful with a huge tree trimmed and white lights everywhere.
As I was looking around at everyone two things struck me. The first thing was that a good number of people didn't even know why I was there. They recognize me for sure but they don't know what it is I do. Weird, eh? Secondly, I noticed that this group of people is so different from the first leaders I met and became friends with. As each year goes by I find it more and more difficult to build any sort of friendships with the people that I meet at Embassy. I feel like the old uninteresting fart in the corner... weird that I should feel that way. Where has my confidence gone? Why do I feel this way more often then nought lately? sorry, this turned into a pity party, best for me to turn in now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home