6.12.2006

of mom and movies

It was my mom's 48th birthday this past weekend so I went and spent a few days with my family. Often when I go to my parent's it can be pretty intense and not very relaxing and I usually get sick. But this weekend was good.

On Saturday night I went with my mom and dad to Goderich. We enjoyed a great diner of pizza and then we went to see CARS at the theatre. It was strange to be accompaning my parents in a theatre full of kids but whacha gonna do? The movie was really cute and pretty funny. They did a great job on some of the characters. After the movie we headed down to the waterfront. It was mighty chilly but we did some walking around anyways. It was great to be by open water again. (I didn't get to the beach at all last summer, and this summer was shaping up for the same).

Yesterday, I popped by my church picnic for about an hour (just enough time to eat a bunch of food and say hello to a few peeps!) and then Michelle and I hung out with Dad and Mom for awhile. After they left we decided to head to King's College Theatre to watch Over The Hedge. We were the only ones in the theatre! so weird but great because you could talk all you wanted, put your feet up on the seat, stand to readjust, sit wherever you want, throw popcorn... :) and it was only $7. Sweet, we've decided we're going to go there to watch movies more often.

... still need to watch X-men 3!

3 Comments:

  • I'm jealous!! I can't believe you were the only two in the theatre! Can I come too??!! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed yourself!ttyl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/6/06 9:29 PM  

  • I am glad that you enjoyed yourself at home. Hope we can have more of them. It was great to hang out and do nothing because that is the way I felt I wanted to do for my birthday. I did not want to run around and have a party. I wanted to enjoy my family when they were at home. I had a great birthday probably the best one in years. Thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 13/6/06 2:17 PM  

  • I am glad to have been apart of it!

    By Blogger Cynthia, at 20/6/06 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home