10.09.2006

My trip to LAS VEGAS - Part 3

Well I guess "soon" is a relative term. It's been 10 days since the last post and over a month since I came back from vacation.

Anyways, here goes.

Thursday morning I awoke early and met my friend, Thomas at the entrance to the Excalibur. After a few issues with our convertible Beetle we started on our trek to the Grand Canyon. A few wrong turns, lunch at a small diner with the locals, a crazy 40 mile dirt road, a gun totting cowboy, and 3 hours later we arrived at the West Canyon.
It was incredible!! --- I could spend days contemplating the marvel of this natural wonder and the God that created it.

Friday brought with it sunny skies and one last chance for me to wonder the city. After packing I spent the morning walking and shopping. And that's it... the end of my time in Las Vegas!

but... the adventure doesn't stop there.

Once arriving at the Buffalo airport at 1 a.m. we discovered that Keri's car was dead. After 2 failed boost attempts the tow truck arrived. Another failed boost attempt saw Keri and I climbing into a green-monster-shrek-towmobile for a trek to the border. There the CAA flatbed truck met us. We finally arrived in Guelph at 7 a.m. and crashed at Keri's parents. I finally greeted my sister's at 7 pm Saturday, a full 16 hours later then expected.

An awesome trip all in all!

on the road

at a lookout along the way... about 3/4 of an hour past Boulder City.

a dirt devil on the dirt road we were travelling

approaching the canyon

here is Eagle point (do you see the eagle?). Absolutely no guard rails... exhilerating!

Thomas at the edge of the canyon

sitting in the same spot... within 2 feet of the edge. I definitely was on my stomach with my head and arms over the edge... I'm such a daredevil, haha.

a great photo by Thomas

a huge Joshua tree

we drove by the Hoover dam to and from the canyon (but we didn't stop)

the airport strip on the way back into Vegas

a cool shot of the Statue of Liberty replica at the New York New York hotel.

enjoying my last moments of dry heat (and great hair!)


Alright so that's it! Hope you've enjoyed.

Cynthia

2 Comments:

  • That is great hair! I've enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing pictures. I especially like the airport one.

    By Blogger Jasmine, at 10/10/06 12:33 PM  

  • Thanks Jasmine!
    I read your blog all the time. It was great to see you last week. I wish I would've had more time to talk to you. :)

    By Blogger Cynthia, at 10/10/06 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home