7.26.2006

an inconvenient truth, jumping on the bandwagon

Ya'll are probably sick of hearing about this movie.
I took some time a few weeks back to see it at the Princess Twin (my first time there). I could write a review of the movie but there's really no point... besides writing is not my forte. But I do have a few thoughts.

We make so many decisions in our lives. We decide where we will live, a level of education to pursue, what kind of job we want, which show we'll watch, what supermarkets to shop, we'll decide how to raise our children, what role we'll have in our communities, what type of parent's we'll be. But when, if ever, do we make a decision about how our lives will impact our environment? It has become unconscious.

As a Christian I can not seperate my spirituality from my every day life... I can not afford too. Can I worship God, the creator, when I never stop to think about how my actions and decisions are impacting the earth? How can these go hand in hand? After watching this movie I decided that for me, they can't.

I think every person, at some point, has to make a choice. We can not go our whole lives unconsciously impacting the environment. It's a choice. Make it. Own it. Live it.

1 Comments:

  • Bang on sister! I hope this movie impacts people's decisions to rethink about the environment and their day to day actions. We are steward's of the earth as God instructed, I think we all need to take that statement a little more serious.

    Next movie to watch - "Who Killed the Electric Car".

    Man this world is nuts! :P

    By Blogger Michelle, at 27/7/06 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home