9.18.2006

My trip to LAS VEGAS - Part 1

It's been over two weeks since I arrived home from my vacation. I've been incredibly busy since... still am but at least now I feel like I'm in control of it. In my last entry I promised a vacation entry and photos. So here goes...

PART 1
It took along time for me to decide whether I should go on this trip or not. Vegas wasn't exactly on my "list". But I really did want to support and celebrate with my friend who was getting hitched on the trip. Basically, I got a good tax return and decided that I'd might as well go. (yeah!)
So my vacation started with a trip to Buffalo Airport. We were told to expect a two hour delay at the border. Yeah, that was an overestimation... 2 cars= 2 hours more like 5 minutes. So things started out pretty boring. There is absolutely nothing to do at the Buffalo airport!
We landed in Las Vegas during the late afternoon (best landing ever!... seriously, that was the least amount of pain I've ever had on descent). The first night in Vegas was a whirlwind of meeting new people, dressing up, taking photos, and partying it up with the girls.
The first morning rolled around to a massive buffet at the Luxor. Mmm, I think I was there for 2 hours. The afternoon was spent at the "beach" of Mandalay Bay. Gorgeous! and so hot! I received some tutoring on body surfing... I still need lots of work but it was a lot of fun.


Tania (right) and her Maid of Honour enjoying
margaritas-by-the-yard at La Salsa at the Luxor



Thomas and Keri at La Salsa


the rumjungle, where the girls partied.


at the rumjungle


Mandalay Bay


the Mandalay Bay "beach"


a waterfall in the pool area (which included 3 other pools and a lazy river)


... Part 2 coming soon



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home