4.10.2005

feet first

Wow. Tomorrow I start my new job. I'm stoked, what more can I say? I know it will be position full of challenges, change, and growth. Bring it on! I've been stuck for far too long.

So I've been reading alot of books lately. (Thanks to Steve's library upstairs!). The most recent book I finished was The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. I recommend this one. It's a great simple story. Another book that I have recently finished is The Barbarian Way by Erwin MacManus. He makes alot of great comments. One such comment:

When the church becomes an institution, people are nothing more than volunteers to be recruited. When the church is a movement, our stewardship becomes the unleashing of our God-given gifts, talents, and passions. My goal is not to cast a vision that everyone buys into, but to create a visional community where everyone who enters in begins to have wild and God-sized dreams and visions. There is a price to pay, of course, when you choose this particular path; you end up with an unruly barbarian tribe. They keep getting called by God to do things you didn't expect or really didn't want them to do. - Erwin Raphael McManus, The Barbarian Way



So I did a bunch of cleaning today. I also slept and watched tv for a couple of hours. I wanted to make some chocolate chip cookies. My friend Mel's recipe is awesome. But I had no butter or margine. Boo :( I was hoping to mail some out to a few of my friends. Yep, you can mail cookies... I've done it a few times now. So yeah I ended up painting my toe nails instead.

Can't wait until tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home