4.12.2005

strange...

So I was walking home from my friend's house tonight around 10pm, I was about 20 feet from my house and I hear a male voice yelling "Hey". So I turn around and there's this guy about a block away. He yells again, "Hey, how ya doing?". I'm like this is weird but it'd be rude for me to ignore him. So I yell "I'm doing alright," and he says, "Cool, wanna come over for a beer?". I reply with "No thanks, it's been a long day," and I continue walking and he disappears into a house around the corner. What a strange exchange. It probably doesn't sound strange but it is in this neighbourhood. I've never been approached by anyone around here during the day let alone at night. Strange to think that it takes a beer and some hormones (ha) to get people to randomly approach other people. If this would have happened 50 years ago I would have known exactly what the guy's name was and probably the name of his parents, too. :)

1 Comments:

  • That is weird... no one in this neighbourhood talks much, which is kind of sad. I wish things could be like they are in all those old movies from the 50s, where everyone is tight. Our society kind of sucks now. :(

    By Blogger Jasmine, at 24/4/05 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home