7.07.2005

happy belated 138th!

So our wonderful country turned 138 years young this past weekend. Cool. Go Canada... I'm a litte too patriotic. Those who know me well no exactly as to what I'm referring. :P.
Celebrating Canada day also means long weekend. wahoo. What started out as no plans for the weekend turned out to be pretty busy.
Thursday night I went out with my book discussion group to a bbq and then mini golfing to celebrate our last meeting. That was lots of fun. Afterwards a few of us went to Curtis' for a late night swim. Nice!
Friday was Canada day. I slept in until almost noon. Rock on. I then did a bunch of cleaning, laundry, showered and then headed over to Sarah's for another bbq with a few other "losers" who had no plans for the long weekend. We headed out to the new William's by Conestoga mall and then we drove back to our area of town parked the car and started walking to Columbia lake for fireworks. After 30 mins of walking, treking through cornfields, entering construction zones, being accused of trespassing we finally found the perfect spot. On the other side of the lake from everyone else so there was barely anyone around us so it felt as if the fireworks were especially for us. They were awesome.
Saturday morning rolled around. My parents decided to come up for the day so they took us out to the Farmer's Market and then we went looking for apartments. It was great to have them driving us around otherwise we wouldn't have been able to see as many places. I then did some graphic stuff for work (yep, even on a long weekend). At 11pm Amanda and I decided to rent CSI Season 2 and proceed to watch a few episodes.
Sunday morning, I woke up with a major headache... probably from not enough sleep. So I decided not to go into church. I still got called (I wasn't aware that my job entailed being on call!) to so something. I understand the dilema it presented but still. oi. Once I got that taken care of I head off to sleep again! Sweet! In the evening I again headed out to a bbq. Jessica and Rachel were there which was really cool. I worked on more work stuff (yep, again). After a few CSI's and monday morning denial I headed to bed pretty late.
Monday morning was brutal. Oi. But it was worth it b/c I had a pretty great weekend.
Monday evening I headed to Embassy with Michelle S. afterwards we went bowling. Tonnes of people went and it was a great time! Thanks Adam! Because a few of us were pretty hungry (somehow a smoothy for dinner just didn't cut it) we headed over to Morty's for wings. Good times!
Tuesday night I had my last tennis class. I'm sad that it is done. I really enjoyed it. I'll also miss hanging out with Lisa every week. Well, now I at least know how to play!
Tonight, I headed from work to meet my sister. We went and had a look at another apartment and then went to my old roommate Cheryl's for dinner. Mmm, spaghetti. For dessert we headed out to A Whole Lotta Gellata. It was really good.
So that's it for now. Tomorrow night I've got no plans... well no social plans. I've got a tonne of graphic and promotional work to do so yeah, fun stuff.

1 Comments:

  • geez,it's about time u got it updated! :P The new design looks fab and hip - u should really get your own website domain..then everyone can look at some of the cool projects u do:D
    So, one less thing to worry 'bout!! New place, now for the design plans..mwaahaahaa haa.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/7/05 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home