7.19.2006

guilty as charged





this past weekend I attended an Embassy Leaders Camping trip. well, it could barely be described as camping... we were still in the city limits! but we were surrounded by trees, camp fires, tents and raccoons so it did the trick. :) (thanks Sarah for all the preparing and planning)




my main reason for my post is to share about an activity we completed mid-way through Brandon's teaching. He asked us to take a piece of paper and a rock and go to another part of the camp site. On these pieces of paper we filled out "I am guilty of ___________". After coming back to our seats we went and grabbed the paper and rock from someone else's spot. One by one we read them outloud replacing "I" with "we" and then setting them in the fire. To own another's guilts is a humbling thing. To recognize the struggle in others mirrors your own provides a kinship and strength otherwise unknown.
Of my guilt I am convicted. I know it to be true.
Pray.
I need to pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home