11.01.2006

the sky is falling

So I'm dating this as an earlier post... basically b/c I want it to appear in chronological order. It really is November 11 (a happy birthday shout out to Nadine) at 3 am. :0

I've been really busy lately. I'm just now finding some time to post about things that have happened in the last month. I'll start out now with Hallowe'en. I went Trick or Treating... but for canned food for the Waterloo Food Bank. I went with a bunch of people from the Embassy. I went as Chicken Little (if you haven't seen it you should!). I had so much fun creating the costume... I tried to do it as cheap as possible. I wore a green striped shirt and brown shorts that I already owned. I went out and bought orange tights ($7), orange fabric for the feet ($0.95) and red fur to create Kirby ($9). I also created tail feathers, a red comb and green glasses out of fabric and paper I already had at home. My favourite part was making Kirby, he's now our apartment mascot.

Despite the cold weather we had lots of fun going around from house to house asking for canned food. MK and I scored big on our last street by each collected 6 grocery bags full of stuff for the food bank. I also got some candy... sweet!... I wasn't feeling so good though after consuming it all in 3 days! I don't think I'll touch another chocolate bar for months!

oh and the sky isn't falling... it's just a piece of an alien space ship (opps, did I just ruin the movie?...)

Out to save the world :P

The Embassy goes Trick or Treating from Groceries

The star of the night... Kirby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home