5.05.2005

frustration = no good, friends who care = great!

Oh my, so I got pretty frustrated this evening. It wasn't good (ie. overreaction). So here's how it went down. I had plans to go to Lindsey's place for dinner. I was to be there by 5:30pm. First, I had a busy day at work and didn't have time for lunch therefore I didn't eat anything substantial all day. It also meant that I didn't get a chance to change or put my contacts in. Anyways, 5:05 rolls around which means I'm already running late. I get home by 5:10 which means I've got 5 mins to change, put in my contacts and leave. So I throw my contacts in and change. Only thing is I feel horrible in everything I put on but I finally decide on at long sleeve shirt and navy sweater. But then the zipper on the sweater won't stay up. So I pin it. I put it on, looks as good as it's gonna get. Then the zipper breaks. Grrr... I throw it against the wall. So I fix it (or so I thought) and I put it back on. But it breaks again, I throw it again. Then I find a different shirt to wear. By this time it's 5:25pm. I'm supposed to be there in 5mins but it takes at least 15 to walk. So I decide to call Lindsey and let her know I'm running late. The only spot I have her number is in my cell phone. But my cell phone, I couldn't find, I must have left it in the office. So I decide to call the office, get someone to turn off my phone so that I can change my message to address Lindsey incase she was looking for me. I call, no answer. So I decide to run to the office. I get there all in a huff. I said something short and cryptic to Sarah, I'm not sure what I said, hope I wasn't too rude. I then ran up the stairs only to find that my phone isn't there. You've got to be kidding. So I start running back home. By this time I'm totally angry with myself b/c I must have overlooked my phone, I'm overreacting, I'm frustrated, I feel horrible in all my clothes and I'm angry that I'm angry. Then as I'm running my necklace springs apart and tiny blue beads fly everywhere. So I expressed myself in a loud "argh!" (yeah, for not swearing :) yep I am learning to control that). I get back to my house again by 5:35pm but I still can't find my cell. So I decide to call it from my landline. Sure enough it's in the purse that I already looked in twice. Should have done that in the first place! blah! I can be so dumb about many things! Oh and did I mention that I got lost on my walk and didn't get there until 6:05pm. Yep. But...
Hanging out with Lindsey rocked! She's great! We had a lot of fun catching up. She just moved back to Waterloo on Saturday. I'm looking forward to spending more time with her this summer, for sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home